The Lowdown on Markets to 14th August 2015
In this week’s issue
- The Greek government and their creditors agree to a third bailout of €86 billion.
- China surprises the markets with its biggest currency devaluation in two decades.
- Stocks, currencies and commodities react to the PBOC announcement of devaluation.
- The crude oil price dips below US$50 a barrel as the IEA state that oversupply will persist.
- China announces its gold purchases for the second time in a month showing transparency.
- Global markets suffer from the summer time blues as a number of headwinds take their toll.