The Lowdown on Markets to 21st August 2015
In this week’s issue
- Stock markets retreat on nervousness about China’s economy, crude oil and the US dollar.
- In the rout the emerging markets and Asia suffer most on worries about “currency wars”.
- Will China devalue the yuan for a second time and create further volatility in markets.
- The VIX Index “the so called fear gauge” rises 46 per cent to its highest level since October.
- Whilst the price of crude oil continues to fall the price of gold has its best week since January
- Whilst “cash remains king” how long will it be before the shrewd bargain hunters return?
What does this mean for the markets and asset classes?