The Lowdown on Markets to 28th August 2015
In this week’s issue
- After a rather dramatic week calmer conditions return to the global equity markets.
- As equity markets sold off data showed that US$22 billion flowed into money market funds.
- In the FX market sterling fell to a seven week low against the US dollar.
- The price of gold bullion retreated whilst Brent Crude oil has rallied to US$50 a barrel.
- August’s stock market turmoil has been painful for investors but has been long overdue.
- The probability of a relief rally in equities remains high over the coming months.
What does this mean for the markets and asset classes?
“It was a dramatic week for markets but then calmer conditions prevailed”