The Lowdown on Markets to 4th September 2015
In this week’s issue
- Global equity markets experience yet another disappointing and difficult week.
- The latest US non-farm payroll numbers disappoints but the jobless rate falls to 5.1%
- Will the Fed actually raise interest rates this month give the mixed nature of the US data.
- The IMF has urged central bankers around the world to refrain from raising interest rates.
- ECB president conveys a clear message: we will bolster our QE programme if necessary.
- Equity markets correct into buy signal territory but further weakness could be experienced.
What does this mean for the markets and asset classes?
“Stock markets show signs of seasonal affects and more importantly fatigue”