The Lowdown on Markets to 18th September
In this week’s issue
- The US Federal Reserve holds interest rates at their current historical all-time lows.
- Global events outside of the United States weigh heavily on the Feds overall decision.
- Other concerns that the US authorities took into account was the dollar and unemployment.
- Understandably, US Treasuries react favourably to the news that US rates were on hold.
- Over the week-end the Greek snap election see’s the Syriza Party return to power.
- Whilst a “relief rally” is likely before the end of the year caution should still prevail.
What does this mean for the markets and asset classes?
“The Fed hold rates at historic lows as they worry about global events”