The Lowdown on Markets to 25th September
In this week’s issue
- Equities, treasury yields and the dollar rallies after Ms Yellen suggests a rate rise this year.
- Whilst the US economy looks strong enough for a rate hike the global economy looks less so.
- Figures in the US suggest that investors have sold equity funds in favour of cash instruments.
- In the UK mid and small caps indices continue to outperform their larger brethren.
- Commodity and FX markets experience another volatile week hampered by Chinese fears.
- Global equity markets are likely to remain volatile for the remainder of the year.
What does this mean for private clients, the markets and asset classes?
“The market appears ready for interest rate rises but is the global economy”