The Lowdown on Markets to 9th October
In this week’s issue
- Global equity markets rebound on optimism reaching seven week highs.
- Commodity prices rally heralding a call that perhaps they are bottoming out.
- Even the Asian and emerging markets experience a better week recording the biggest gains.
- In the FX market EM and commodity currencies rebound helped by the commodity prices.
- The price of crude oil records its biggest gain in six years as geo-political risks mount in Syria.
- The Fed’s awaited decision on interest rates is likely to dictate the direction of markets.
What does this mean for the markets and asset classes?
“Equity Markets rebound on hopes that Fed policy will remain supportive”