The Lowdown on Markets to 16th June 2017
In this week’s issue
- This was a week for central bank announcements and less political rhetoric.
- In the US the Federal Reserve Bank raised interest rates by a further quarter of a point.
- The Fed provides more details about the unwinding of the US$4.5 trillion balance sheet.
- Amazons purchase of Whole Foods for US$13.7 billion shakes up the global retail sector.
- In the UK the Bank of England announces that there will be no interest rate change.
- A week of little change in equity markets but the dollar slips and Treasuries rise.
“Global assets react to central bank announcements rather than politics”