The Lowdown on Markets to 30th June 2017
World Markets at a Glance
In this week’s issue
- Asian and Emerging Markets are the surprise performers over the first half of the year.
- Wall Street continues to rally with the indices constantly recording new all-time highs.
- In Europe positive economic comments from the ECB sparks off higher money inflows.
- The UK Prime Minister calls an early General Election with dire consequences.
- Central bank policy begins to change with normalization clearly the future target.
- Global equity markets are looking stretched but still remain the asset class of choice.
“So far it has been a good year for the Asian and Emerging Markets”
Peter Lowman, Chief Investment Officer
Peter Lowman has been in investment management for over forty years and prior to becoming Chief Investment Officer for Investment Quorum, he worked within a larger asset managers, primarily as an Investment Director with Cazenove’s. He is responsible for the overall investment strategy for Investment Quorum clients and sits on the Investment Quorum Committee.
This article does not constitute specific advice and investors should bear in mind capital invested is not guaranteed. Investment Quorum is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority .