The Lowdown on Markets to 24th November 2017
World Markets at a Glance
In this week’s issue
- Global equity markets remain resilient but the rally has shown some signs of fatigue.
- In respect to volatility the CBOE Vix Index touches a record low supporting confidence.
- The good news for investors is that positive sentiment is outweighing negative concerns.
- Asia and the emerging markets have risen strongly this year supported by fundamentals.
- The Nasdaq Composite indices hit new all-time highs as tech stocks continue to rally.
- 2017 has been outstanding for global equity markets, now what can 2018 deliver?
“Equity markets have soared this year even with some cliff-edge moments”
Peter Lowman, Chief Investment Officer
Peter Lowman has been in investment management for over forty years and prior to becoming Chief Investment Officer for Investment Quorum, he worked within a larger asset managers, primarily as an Investment Director with Cazenove’s. He is responsible for the overall investment strategy for Investment Quorum clients and sits on the Investment Quorum Committee.
This article does not constitute specific advice and investors should bear in mind capital invested is not guaranteed. Investment Quorum is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.