The Lowdown on Markets to 7th July 2017
World Markets at a Glance
In this week’s issue
- The G20 meet in Hamburg with president Trump hailing it as a wonderful success.
- The bond markets have experienced a recent sell-off affecting equity market sentiment.
- In the FX market the dollar reaches an eight-month low against a basket of currencies.
- Central bank policy is clearly changing and becoming more hawkish on their outlook.
- The price for crude oil remains volatile as the question of oversupply remains unclear.
- Global equities still remain attractive versus bonds on a valuation perspective.
Peter Lowman, Chief Investment Office
Peter Lowman has been in investment management for over forty years and prior to becoming Chief Investment Officer for Investment Quorum, he worked within a larger asset managers, primarily as an Investment Director with Cazenove’s. He is responsible for the overall investment strategy for Investment Quorum clients and sits on the Investment Quorum Committee.
This article does not constitute specific advice and investors should bear in mind capital invested is not guaranteed. Investment Quorum is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.